February 21, 2010

A Knotty Blanket

This one is a sinch! I made this blanket in less than an hour and for less than $15.00 for my bestie's baby. It is so easy, inexpensive and a nice personal gift! My mother in law actually made one for my husband and I, and I've seen these blankets all around, but I actually had a hard time finding directions for how to make these...so for those of you who may want to make one one day, below are the instructions and steps.
Step 1:
Buy 2 pieces of felt.
Lay them on top of each other and align
as perfectly as possible.
Trim any access.
Step 2:
Measure and cut out a 4" x 4" square
on each corner of the stacked fabric pieces.
Step 3:
Start cutting your strips. I didn't measure,
but it was roughly 1" x 4"
Step 4:
Start tying the knots!
It is easiest by tying every other strip.
There are many ways to tie the knots.
Explore different methods and see
how different ties create a different look.
Step 5:
Personalize!
I chose iron-on because of my
awesome (sarcasm) sewing skills.
I did, however, sew a little to keep
these intact during washing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun Kim! I love it! xo

Lacy said...

YAY!!! Colin loves his new blanket! Thank you Aunt Kim!!!

Carrie said...

I featured this in a post today. Hope you don't mind that I borrowed a photo. I promise I linked it to your post. Thanks for sharing such a snuggly little project!

~Carrie

Carrie said...

Whoops, here's the link:

http://makinglemonadeblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/stork-report-crafty-gift-ideas-for-baby.html

Post a Comment

I appreciate you checking out my blog. I welcome any comments and ideas! Remember, these ideas I share are just a thought...a polka-dot thought! Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails