August 23, 2009

Back 2 School...Cool!

So, I'm not sure about you guys, but tomorrow is the first day of school for the 2009 year! What does this mean...well this definitely means more traffic for me getting to work, requiring me to leave at least 10 minutes earlier than normal with the hopes I don't get stuck behind any school buses. After all, I only pass 4 elementary schools on my way to work!

But the start of school also means other things...football season is in session, tourist season is dying down here at the beach (thank goodness!) and kids, parents and teachers are gearing up for another big year. Parents are ensuring their kids have new clothes, supplies, haircut and are ready to face another year of learning and growing. They want their kids to start the school year on the right foot, and I agree with the parents! First impressions are lasting, which is why I think going above and beyond is a must!

Now, I do not have any children yet, but I imagine if I did I would want my child to do something a little special for the teacher to make a lasting first impression. It doesn't have to be anything huge, but something small and sweet is a nice added touch. I think a great idea is to make some simple personalized note cards for the new teachers. Who doesn't like personalized note cards? They are very simple to create and I'm sure the new teachers appreciate this over the cliche apple, lotions, candles, candy... (no offense if anyone has ever done those, those are very sweet ideas as well!).

Below are some samples of personalized cards I have made in the past. Simply purchase the note cards that are already have a designed background and you can personalize them yourself with the use of various graphic programs. Once the design is completed, just run them through the printer and you have a very nice set of cards for the new teachers. It doesn't cost a fortune and makes a lasting impression! I give this an A+ for Back to School musts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you checking out my blog. I welcome any comments and ideas! Remember, these ideas I share are just a thought...a polka-dot thought! Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails